Re: smb service fails to start in FC5

I forgot to mention that when I type

service smb start

it is telling me that it failed, and the nmb service that is apparently loaded by the same command takes a really long time to do anything, but I believe it does eventually start.

Looking at that config file, it doesn't appear to have a whole lot of information in it.  I would almost think from reading this file that Samba had never been configured at all, except that it was working very well prior to this problem, which began on July 22 if I'm interpreting the log information correctly.  That would have been the day I installed the monitor, as I think I added the second hard drive earlier in the week last week but the monitor didn't arrive until Friday.    I'm pretty sure it was running on whatever configuration was established during installation, as I don't really recall configuring Samba to any great extent, but considering that I'm working on a FC4 LTSP server installation at work and this FC5 system that I'm using for multimedia at home, it's entirely possible that I've configured so many things that I don't recall it exactly.  Is it possible that changing the monitor driver somehow erased the Samba configuration?  Doesn't seem real likely to me!
km

--
This is an email sent via the webforum on http://fcp.homelinux.org
http://fcp.homelinux.org/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?post_id=101896&topic_id=24181&forum=24#forumpost101896