Re: Mail Server

On Tue, Jul 25, 2006 at 02:22:43PM -0500, Les Mikesell wrote:
> Actually there is at least one that would work for a small office and
> someone who has to ask on a mail list about one might want to consider it:
> SME server from http://www.contribs.org.  You could install that on a
> new box, add users with the web interface and be working faster than
> you could decide what components to use under fedora.  It actually uses
> an odd mix of things but you don't need to know much about them to
> install and use them - it's all fill-in-the-form administration.

Given all the potential security issues that are inherent in a mail
server, I'm not sanguine about the idea of using a packing in which
everything is installed and ready-to-go.  I'd be happier to see someone
spend some time educating themselves before becoming a potential target
on the 'Net.  (But I will check this package out.)

Do you have first-hand experience with it, or have you investigated it?

Cheers,
--
	Dave Ihnat
	President, DMINET Consulting, Inc.