Re: Mouse gestures in Firefox on FC5

On Tue, 25 Jul 2006, Patrick Doyle wrote:

Hello all,
I am running FC5 on a laptop and have learned, accidentally, and then
experimentally, that mouse gestures are enabled on my touchpad in
Firefox.  (They may be enabled elsewhere, but, so far, this is where I
have noticed it, and have found it most annoying).

Can anybody suggest a way to disable this feature?  I've poked around
a bit and seen web pages that indicate that gestures are enabled via a
plugin (now known as an "extension"), but I don't see any extensions
labeled "Mouse Gestures".  (There are a bunch related to languages,
and one related to examining DOM

I don't see anything about gestures under "Preferences" either.

For those who don't know, "Mouse Gestures" allow me to click on a page
somewhere near the bottom, and drag the mouse to the left, in order to
go "back" one web page.  Similarly, if I click and drag to the right,
I can go forward a web page (provided there is a page to go forward
to).

The problem is, on my little mouse pad, I frequently tap somewhere
near the bottom and move my finger to the left in order to move the
mouse to the left.  This gets interpreted as a gesture, and I go back
a page.

Any pointers?  (ha ha -- get it?)

The synaptics touchpad is controlled by the programs in the synaptics RPM. They are reasonably well documented in /usr/share/doc/synaptics-*. Lots of settings are configurable.

--wpd

--
		Matthew Saltzman

Clemson University Math Sciences