NFS on FC5

On a new FC 5 system, I am trying to serve up five large partitions (all over 80 Gb apiece) across the network. In particular to an FC2 system.

The new system can mount partitions from other systems on the network.

I have disabled selinux. I have the correct hosts in /etc/host.allow with permissions to all.

On the client I keep getting that there is no route to the host. Although from the client I can see the services on the server.

[root@client  root]# rpcinfo -p server
   program vers proto   port
    100000    2   tcp    111  portmapper
    100000    2   udp    111  portmapper
    100024    1   udp  32768  status
    100024    1   tcp  60867  status
    100021    1   udp  32769  nlockmgr
    100021    3   udp  32769  nlockmgr
    100021    4   udp  32769  nlockmgr
    100021    1   tcp  57687  nlockmgr
    100021    3   tcp  57687  nlockmgr
    100021    4   tcp  57687  nlockmgr
    100011    1   udp    637  rquotad
    100011    2   udp    637  rquotad
    100011    1   tcp    640  rquotad
    100011    2   tcp    640  rquotad
    100003    2   udp   2049  nfs
    100003    3   udp   2049  nfs
    100003    4   udp   2049  nfs
    100003    2   tcp   2049  nfs
    100003    3   tcp   2049  nfs
    100003    4   tcp   2049  nfs
    100005    1   udp    650  mountd
    100005    1   tcp    653  mountd
    100005    2   udp    650  mountd
    100005    2   tcp    653  mountd
    100005    3   udp    650  mountd
    100005    3   tcp    653  mountd

[root@client root]# mount -v /dist
mount to NFS server 'server' failed.
RPC Error: 12 ( Remote system error )
System Error: 113 (No route to host)

The line from /etc/fstab on the client is

server:/numbers1   /dist                   nfs4    proto=tcp,soft,bg,rw

I have tried this line with "nfs" instead of "nfs4" and without the "proto=tcp" option.

What is going wrong?