Power Manager, messagebus and dbus

I just installed FC5 on a new system and did the updates with yum.

I am getting the following message when I log in

Power Manager
This program cannot start until you start the dbus system service. It is strongly recommended you reboot your computer after starting messagebus.

How do I fix this?

I am also having problems in exporting directories although I can mount nfs directories on the system.

Are these problems related?