Re: MSI K8NGM2 and FC 5

On Tue, 2006-07-25 at 06:51 -0500, Keith A. Clay wrote:
> When I
> do a graphical install, it probes for video card and finds the nvidia IE
> bridge, goes to start x, I get a mouse and a black screen and it never
> goes to the fedora install screen.

Hi Keith,

IIRC, when I did the 64-bit install, it did seem to hang at some point,
but it did continue after an inordinately long period of time, possibly
a full minute. Are you willing to consider a text-only install, at least
at the beginning? Or would you want to just wait out the pause? As an
experiment, you could start the install just before you go for lunch and
come back later to see if any errors get spat out on-screen, or if the
installation proceeded.

--
Pascal Chong
email:  chongym@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

"La science ne connaît pas de frontière parce que la connaissance
appartient à l’humanité. et que c’est la flamme qui illumine le monde."

-- Louis Pasteur