Re: Running LVM to repartition HD question

Stephen Liu wrote:
Now I want to create;
- a new LogVol02 of size 5G as / for the new LinuxOS to be installed
under VolGroup00
- a new LogVol04 on extended partition of size 5G as /home for the new
LinuxOS to be installed under VolGroup00

by running following commands;

lvcreate -n LogVol02 --size 5g VolGroup00
lvcreate -n LogVol04 --size 5g VolGroup00
mkfs -t ext3 /dev/VolGroup00/LogVol02
mkfs -t ext3 /dev/VolGroup00/LogVol04

However I haven't figured out during installation how can I netvigate
installing / on LogVol02 and /home on LogVol04.  There will 2 / and 2
/home on the same group, VolGroup00.  Does it matter?

Doesn't matter as long as the filesystem labels are different (anaconda has always got this right for me, though I've not tried it using LVM).

Paul.