Re: FC4, automount and audio CD

On Tue, 2006-07-25 at 08:38 +0100, Anne Wilson wrote:
> I can play back using xmms, but I have to manually tell it to play the
> CD rather than files on the hdd.  I don't want that for other users.

In my case it was a matter of insert the CD, wait for the system to
finish twiddling its thumbs, open up XMMS, and navigate over
to /media/burner, and pick the tracks.  I haven't set mine to
automatically do anything, I dislike that behaviour.

(Just so you know what I've been trying out.)

> Do you know how to make xmms the default, automatic playback
> application?  (KDE, if it matters.)

I think it probably does matter.  Gnome has a GUI for picking what to
automatically do with removable media (including do nothing), it's
called from "gnome-volume-properties".  I'd presume KDE has something
similar, and probably *INSTEAD* of however Gnome presets this, but I
don't use KDE, nor have it installed.  I'm guessing that it changes
something in the ~/.gnome* directories.

--
(Currently running FC4, in case that's important to the thread)

I read messages from the public lists.