Re: NFS problem

<--------------------[ SNIP ]--------------->
> PS : that Windows directory is mounted as a separate fysical drive into
> the filestructure   on the server  (mountpoint = /opt/NFSHARE/Windows ),
> but I assume this has nothing to do with this problem.
> Anyway, as soon as I can use this diskspace via NFS, I intend to use it
> for more practical things than archiving material I don't use anymore....

Actually, the fact that it is another file system mounted in the
export tree is probably the problem. By default, the export is only
for the base file system. You need the nohide option if you want to
export the the Windows directory.

nohide This  option is based on the option of the same name provided
       in IRIX NFS. Normally, if a server exports two filesystems
       one  of which is mounted on the other, then the client
       will have to mount both filesystems explicitly to get access
       to them. If it just mounts the parent, it will see an empty
       directory at the place where the other filesystem is mounted.
       That filesystem is "hidden".

If you unmounted /opt/NFSHARE/Windows, you would probably find any
file that were written to the /opt/NFSHARE/Windows directory when
the client have /opt/NFSHARE but not /opt/NFSHARE/Windows mounted.

Mikkel