Re: alsa busy

on 07/24/2006 07:55 AM Ric Moore wrote:
On Mon, 2006-07-24 at 15:41 +0930, Tim wrote:
On Sun, 2006-07-23 at 09:52 -0400, Ric Moore wrote:
Mplayer works playing the Dvd, but there is no menu option that I can
find, which means watching a half hour of trailers. heheehehe... this
is sure strange. Anyone seen this behavior?
Mplayer doesn't let you play DVDs like a DVD player.  There's a
right-click pop-up track/chapter menu based on disc structure that you
can randomly plod through.

If you want to play DVDs in the manner that most people expect, try VLC
or Xine.  Both are gettable from Livna, I think.
Right, and those are the ones that keep having the audio problem. It is
Totem and Kaffeine that are blowing up. I only mentioned mplayer as it

what about creating a custom ~/.asoundrc file with dmix plugin enabled and specifying the proper name if the alsa device in the config filesof corresponding video/audio player? This is at least what I got, and I never had any problems with "busy" devices...

--
regards,
Oleksandr Korneta

/The nice thing about standards is that there are so many to choose from./