Re: kde's konsole insists on opening as root

On Mon July 24 2006 4:33 pm, nigel henry wrote:
> On Monday 24 July 2006 22:32, Claude Jones wrote:
> > some days ago, I noticed that konsole would no longer open
> > as user, but insisted on opening as root user, presenting me
> > with a password dialog
> >
> > I've checked konsole's permissions, and they're fine;
> > I've pored through the settings in Control Center - nothing
> > seems amiss
> > This happens whether I right-click on the desktop and select
> > terminal, run konsole from kmenu, or do an Alt-F2 to get a
> > run command
> > Any one else getting this?
> > --
> > Claude Jones
> > Brunswick, Md, USA
>
> Hi Claude. That sounds like the Konsole on Kmenu named.
> Terminal Program-Super User Mode.  Do you have both the
> Konsoles in Kmenu?

Yes, I do know the difference, and have both in my quick start
icon cluster on the panel. It's the damnedest thing. The
properties for the menu items in Kmenu are completely different
between super user mode and user, and are set properly. But the
real point is, if I run konsole from a command prompt, it still
insists on opening a root terminal.

--
Claude Jones
Brunswick, Md, USA