Re: Screensaver works for root (was: How to understand what screensaver)

Il giorno mer, 19/07/2006 alle 09.50 +0200, Ambrogio ha scritto:
> Hi all,

I solved my problem using my backups, and comparing all about .kde in my
home.

Problem was in .kde/share/config/kcmdisplayrc

My original file contained this:
[$Version]
update_info=kcmdisplayrc.upd:kde3

after I don't know what (maybe upgrade, but also configuration using
Kcontrol center) the same file contais:

[$Version]
update_info=kcmdisplayrc.upd:kde3

[DisplayEnergy]
displayEnergySaving=false
displayPowerOff=0
displayStandby=0
displaySuspend=0

I don't know why, but restoring the file screensaver works again as
expected.

So, i'm more quite.
And I can work with calm on switching all my root configuration to user
configuration.

So screensaver can work for root as for other users, at least on KDE.

Bye to all
 Ambrogio