printconf issue

I'm running FC5 and have gotten a Samsung ML-2250 laser printer. It prints pretty well with the driver that printconf installs automatically. However I much prefer the printing with the driver that is available from the Samsung web site (it's runs faster, the margins are exactly right, and images are clearer). The Samsung driver is installed by a wizard that comes with the download.

The problem is that after I've installed the printer with the Samsung wizard, printconf doesn't recognize it and installs it again (with the suboptimal driver)! So how can I do one the following:
(a) Tell printconf to stop trying to autoinstall "new" printers.
- or -
(b) Prevent cupsd (and whatever other daemons/scripts are invoking printconf) from running printconf at all.
- or -
(c) get printconf-gui to show the Samsung suppled driver in its drop down box (then I could install the printer with printconf using the good driver).