Re: Iptables is not blocking an ip?

There was a problem after the reboot. I should have checked that first.

Thanks

Bruno Wolff III wrote:
On Mon, Jul 24, 2006 at 09:24:18 -0500,
  "chrisl@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <chrisl@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
At one of my customers sites I have iptables configured to drop all ssh packets unless they originate from one of two addresses. However in logwatch, I had login attempts though SSH. Illegal users from:
   220.193.2.37: 6 times

Now the address above is not one on the allowed list. Is it possible that they were able to get past iptables to attempt the login?

It would probably help if you posted your iptables rule set.
You might also check and make sure that they are actually installed, in
case something went wrong after a reboot.