Re: FC4, automount and audio CD

Anne Wilson wrote:
> On one FC4 box I cannot persuade it to automount audio CDs as user (I use
> kde).  The command /usr/sbin/automount pointing to the device, in a root
> console, works.  From there I can play the disk in xmms, but I need a
> workable solution for the user.
>
> I've checked kcontrol, making sure that I can hear the test sounds, so the
> sound system generally is working.  It does seem to be the mount problem.
> How can I troubleshoot this one?

Anne,

What is your goal specifically in trying to achieve this? Audio CDs don't have
an ISO filesystem that can be mounted (just a series of raw PCM segments and
various audio headers). Do you simply want the disc to be played with your
favorite audio player automatically or do you want to rip the audio CD to your
disk or something else entirely?

I think if you clarified what it is you're trying to achieve, we can help you
get to that, albeit probably in a different method than that which you have
inquired about.

--
Peter Gordon (codergeek42)
This message was sent through a webmail