Re: VIDEO_TS.BUP VIDEO_TS.VOB VTS_01_0.IFO VTS_01_2.VOB VIDEO_TS.BUP VIDEO_TS.VOB VTS_01_0.IFO VTS_01_2.VOB VIDEO_TS.IFO VTS_01_0.BUP VTS_01_1.VOB :(

Heikki Pesonen wrote:

> The real problem is that I wanted to convert the VOB-files to format
> which my Windows-program Pinacle Studio could read or
> find Linux-programs which I could install with my newbie skills to
> Fedora Core 5 able to edit my movies and to make a video CD or DVD which
> I could send to my sister even having an old DVD-player box and on old TV.

You may want to take a look at dvdrip.

http://www.exit1.org/dvdrip/

It will convert DVD's to other formats. It is a GUI front end to
programs like transcode. You could also use transcode to do the work
if you are comfortable with the CLI. In ether case, you can work
with a "real" DVD, or a DVD image on disk. You can also work with
the files from the DVD. I am not sure if they are in extras, or if
you will need to get them from Livda.

Mikkel