Re: Problem with sendmail 8.13.7

Stefan Kuhlemann wrote:
Paul Howarth schrieb:
Stefan Kuhlemann wrote:
Hi  mailinglist

I have a strange problem with sendmail 8.13.7. (Fedora Core 5)

Sendmail is not able to send out any mail's. But: other smtp-hosts are able to contact and deliver mails to this sendmail. The acutal configuration did work until the last update via yum (which included the sendmail update).

Broken firewall rules perhaps?

Any SELinux errors in the logs?

Paul.

Already checked the firewall rulesets before.  Also no SELinux errors.

even more strange - today around 10:00 o'clock the sendmail started to work normal until 16:00 o'clock. (with nothing changed since sunday 22:00)

My feelings tell me that the reason might be some strange 'ill-broken' firewall network stack or some weird netwok communication issues (like the 'fun' with the ECN-flag some years ago)

TCP Window Scaling perhaps?
http://kerneltrap.org/node/6723

Paul.