Re: alsa busy

On Mon, 2006-07-24 at 15:41 +0930, Tim wrote:
> On Sun, 2006-07-23 at 09:52 -0400, Ric Moore wrote:
> > Mplayer works playing the Dvd, but there is no menu option that I can
> > find, which means watching a half hour of trailers. heheehehe... this
> > is sure strange. Anyone seen this behavior?
>
> Mplayer doesn't let you play DVDs like a DVD player.  There's a
> right-click pop-up track/chapter menu based on disc structure that you
> can randomly plod through.
>
> If you want to play DVDs in the manner that most people expect, try VLC
> or Xine.  Both are gettable from Livna, I think.
Right, and those are the ones that keep having the audio problem. It is
Totem and Kaffeine that are blowing up. I only mentioned mplayer as it
worked without the warning. I've checked every preference they have and
the problem continues, as Moses said, "unabated".

Since install of Fedora 5, everything has been smooooooth. Since last
week or so, things are blowing up... so if it's a yum update thing,
others would be seeing it too, I would think.

For all I know some space game that I installed could be the culprit. Or
the CRM-114's "Negative Function" condition from the shrapnel.

...the Sin of Ignorance, and
...the Sin of Stupidity.

Linux user# 44256
Sign up at: http://counter.li.org/