Re: FC4 to FC5 Upgrade with cyrus-imapd, mailman and postfix

> On Sat, 2006-07-22 at 11:07 -0500, Anthony Messina wrote:
>> I have scoured the posts and found many users who have successfully run
>> an "upgrade" installation of FC5, upgrading from FC4.  Has anyone had
>> any experience in doing this when the FC4 server is running cyrus-imapd,
>> mailman and postfix? Cyrus-imapd is my main concern with the upgrade as
>> the databases can be troublesome.  Any information about
>> successes/failures would be greatly appreciated.
>>
> let me guess,  This is a _production machine_ and you are planning an
> upgrade.  Have you paid the life insurance?  In other words, have you
> done a backup so that if something goes wrong you can recover?
>
> I have never done an 'upgrade' install.  However, there are many who
> have, and many messages just after FC5 came out about 4 months ago
> concerning both successes and failures.  You may want to check the
> archives from the March - April time frame to see what others had to say
> about it.

yes, it is a production machine of sorts, and i have always went with the
"install from scratch and copy everything back" type of install.  but i
wanted to see if anyone had any luck with this method.  of course i'll
back up the data, etc. first.  i was just trying to get some info an any
specific problems to anticipate.

--
Anthony
http://messinet.com/~amessina/