Re: FC4 to FC5 Upgrade with cyrus-imapd, mailman and postfix

On Sat, 2006-07-22 at 11:07 -0500, Anthony Messina wrote:
> I have scoured the posts and found many users who have successfully run
> an "upgrade" installation of FC5, upgrading from FC4.  Has anyone had
> any experience in doing this when the FC4 server is running cyrus-imapd,
> mailman and postfix? Cyrus-imapd is my main concern with the upgrade as
> the databases can be troublesome.  Any information about
> successes/failures would be greatly appreciated.

let me guess,  This is a _production machine_ and you are planning an
upgrade.  Have you paid the life insurance?  In other words, have you
done a backup so that if something goes wrong you can recover?

I have never done an 'upgrade' install.  However, there are many who
have, and many messages just after FC5 came out about 4 months ago
concerning both successes and failures.  You may want to check the
archives from the March - April time frame to see what others had to say
about it.