Re: smb service fails to start in FC5

jkm2a wrote:
>  I'm at a loss to know what I did
> during the installation of the new hardware that could have removed
> or disabled Samba, and I'd really like to get it going again without
> having to reinstall FC5, as I've customized some of the apps fairly
> extensively.  Anybody got any ideas as to what might be the problem,
> or what I need to check?

Are you saying that when you type:

service smb start you are not getting:

Starting SMB services:                                     [  OK  ]
Starting NMB services:                                     [  OK  ]

but the word FAILED instead?

Then, please check your samba logs in /var/log/samba as a starter.