Re: [Fedora] Re: Lexmark Z33 Printer

On 7/22/06, Ashley M. Kirchner <ashley@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Okay, so I grabbed the foomatic kit for this printer and got it working
... kinda.  I can print some things but it's erratic at best.  I'm able
to print out of OpenOffice Writer with some success, but usually it just
sits there and does nothing.  When I look at the job queue though CUPS,
it says the
jobs's there, but nothing's happening - in fact I let it just sit there
over night and nothing happened.

I have a Lexmark Z51 which also *kinda* works under linux (B&W is
fine; color dodgy). I've also had problems with the dead printer jobs.
My solution was to delete all printer profiles and start from scratch,
using CUPS to install a fresh printer profile, not the gnome print
manager.

HTH

--
 Colin Brace