Re: Connect X to X

> I'm actually running the k12ltsp modified version of FC5 so I'm not
> quite sure what you have to do to enable XDMCP logins in a stock
> version (k12ltsp adds the ability to network-boot thin clients and
> thus has it on by default).  In earlier versions you would run
> gdmconfig, click the XDMCP tab, then check the box that says
> 'enable XDMCP', but it is changed in FC5.  It may be under
> System/Administration/Login Screen.
Yes it is as you said, it is under that menu on GNOME
and i tried on CENTOS also, and it is with gdmconfig, just like to said

There's no need to disable X locally.

Locally, by default, X runs on display :0. To have both a local session and a
remote session simultaneously all you need to do is start another X session on a
different display. To start the remote session on display :1 you run:

X :1 -query remote_server
Yes i tried that way and works great!!

then you have your local session on :0 (ctrl-alt-F7) and the remote session on
:1 (ctrl-alt-F8).
also true!
thanks you all!