Re: mail-notification

On Thu, 2006-20-07 at 21:05 -0400, Patrick Doyle wrote:
> Perhaps I'm in the minority in wanting an icon instead of a sound.
> (It is a seldom seen occurrence that my preferences and those of the
> majority of the rest of the world coincide.)  :-)

No, you're definitely not alone.  I want that feature.  One of my
clients wants that feature.  Me want to cry.

There was a bounty offered for it, and it was paid out, actually.  Makes
me wonder even more why it's not in Evolution.

Anyway, you might want to give evonotify a try
(http://www.grawert.net/software/evonotify/index.html).  It does exactly
what you and I want.  But, the guy that coded it built it with Ubuntu in
mind.  It needs some clean up to build properly on a FC5 system.

I tried desperately to get it and its dependencies to work on a CentOS 4
system, but I just couldn't do it.  I did manage to get it mostly
working FC4, but it was flaky.

Someone needs to take evonotify and build it for Fedora, and CentOS, for
that matter.  It would serve as a great stop-gap solution.

Regards,

Ranbir

--
Kanwar Ranbir Sandhu