Re: Good book about Fedora Core internals, can anyone recommend?

On 7/20/06, Vini Engel <vini@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

I was wondering if someone could recommend a good book about Fedora
Core, even better if it covers FC5. I am after something that is
comprehensive and covers the internals, like the hows and whys the
operating system works and is the way it is.

I recommend "How Linux Works" by Brian Ward (2004, No Starch Press).
Although parts are out of date and it is not specific to Fedora, it
gives a good, basic overview of Linux internals, which are common
across all distros.

The Fedora-specific books I've seen have tended to be tutorial-type
guides and command references; as such, they only tend to cover the
material Ward has in passing.

--
 Colin Brace
 Amsterdam