Re: i lost my /data/ folder data it is not in thrash folder so how can i recover it

Aaron Konstam wrote:
> On Thu, 2006-07-20 at 10:24 +0530, yogesh@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
>> hi to alll
>> before shutdown i have a 2 GB data in /data/ folder
>>
>> but to next day when i start my computer i have get no data on my /data/
>> folder
>>

>> the /data/ folder is really lost the data
>> and this is very important to me
>> so how can i get back the data
>>
>> also i  run command df -h
>> cannot read table of mounted filesystems: Input/output error
>>

>> so please any one give me solution than i am very very thank ful to him
>>
> Maybe this is a silly comment but how can you find a folder if you can't
> find any mounted filesystems. Maybe fstab needs to be looked at but
> something stranger is going on.

Even if you can not get a list of mounted file systems, if the
system boots, the root file system is mounted. What can happen is
that only the root file system was mounted, and /etc/mtab did not
get updated. Also, if the /proc file system did not get mounted,
then /proc/mounts can not be checked ether. But you can still see
all the directories on the root file system.

Mikkel