Re: Playing MIDIs?

On Thursday 20 July 2006 05:29, Anne Wilson wrote:
>On Thursday 20 July 2006 05:52, Gene Heskett wrote:
>> >
>> >Where should the soundfonts be copied to?  Do they go in a
>> > subdirectory of /usr/share/sounds?
>> >
>> >Anne
>>
>> put them anyplace thats convenient for you Anne, and just give
>> sfxload the path to whereever it is.  I put that in my rc.local file
>> here IIRC, but lemme check...  Yup:
>>
>> sfxload /usr/music/SoundFonts/CT4MGM.SF2
>>
>> It works a treat with an Audigy 2.
>
>Hmm - it looks as though there is something else wrong here, though
> (FC4):
>
>There was an error loading the module KMid.
>The diagnostics is:
>The library libkmidpart does not offer an init_libkmidpart function.

Now you have the better of me Anne. KMid is a program, not a loadable
kernel module (AFAIK).  And, under fc5 at least on my lappy, ISTR KMid
didn't work, but one of the gnomish things did whose name now escapes
me did.  But thats a whole diff setup on the lappy, using something
like timidity for the rendering since that one has an AIT-IXP chipset
in it that doesn't support midi directly like the audigy 2 (hardware
version, theres a software version extant thats $30 cheaper and its to
be avoided at all costs).

I have a KMid (its in the sound and video menu section) with this
kde-3.3.0 (locally built) install on fc2, and it works fine, I just
tried it to check.  And it didn't leave any notes in the log when I ran
it.

--
Cheers, Gene
message by Gene Heskett are: