Re: FC5 doesn't start up right.

Poohba:
>> starting over I guess is probably the easiest.  I did the upgrade via
>> the dvd I downloaded.  I did expect the upgrade to fix the problems I
>> was having but apparently they just upgraded them.  :)  I would like
>> to keep my web, ftp, vnc, samba config files.  They shouldn't cause a
>> problem correct?

Chong Yu Meng:
> Depending on how you configured it, you may still be able to use your
> Apache config -- or not. Because FC5 uses version 2.2 now, not 2.0.x.

I think they'd need to carefully change the 2.2 config to suit their
preferences, there's a few things that have significantly changed.

>> What else would I possible want to keep?
>>
>> [10:43:50 root@~]df -h
>> Filesystem            Size  Used Avail Use% Mounted on
>> /dev/hda1             117G  108G  3.6G  97% /
>> none                  506M     0  506M   0% /dev/shm
>> /dev/hda3             9.7G  7.0G  2.3G  76% /home
>> /dev/hdb1             115G  108G  1.2G  99% /mnt/Music
>> /dev/hdb2             115G  101G  8.0G  93% /mnt/Video
>> /dev/hda2              20G  3.2G   16G  18% /usr/local

> You may want to move your music and videos out of /mnt to someplace else
> -- like an external USB hard disk. Actually, why do you even have
> directories with data in /mnt? Although it is possible to use /mnt as a
> normal directory, I normally use it only for mount points to removable
> storage -- but, hey, whatever floats your boat.

That is what they've done.  But they've not used /mnt as a single point
that could only mount *one* other drive or partition, they've got
sub-directories in /mnt for mounting several different partitions in
them.  I do the same thing.

I read messages from the public lists.