Re: VMWare install - vmmon.ko will not build on FC5

On Wed, 2006-07-19 at 07:18, Irvine Short wrote:

> Rats. Same thing again:
>
> make: Leaving directory `/tmp/vmware-config2/vmmon-only'
> Unable to make a vmmon module that can be loaded in the running kernel:
> insmod: error inserting '/tmp/vmware-config2/vmmon.o': -1 Invalid module
> format
> There is probably a slight difference in the kernel configuration
> between the
> set of C header files you specified and your running kernel.  You may
> want to
> rebuild a kernel based on that directory, or specify another directory.
>
> > You might also mention your issue on vmware.com discussion board or
> > newsgroups.  I suspect that the script is just a bit out of date.
>
> Next stop...

With various versions of this I've done:
rpm -e kernel-devel kernel-smp-devel
followed by a fresh yum install of the same packages and
gotten it to work.  It didn't make any sense and maybe it
was really some other change that made it work, but that's
the only difference I can recall.

--
  Les Mikesell
   lesmikesell@xxxxxxxxx