Re: Fetchmail Complaining

On 19Jul2006 00:26, Lovell Mcilwain <lovell.mcilwain@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
| >| Nothing has changed with this file in months and all of a sudden it just
| >| stopped working.
| >| Here are the permissions on my .procmailrc file:
| >| -rw-r--r-- 1 lmcilwai lmcilwai 1484 18 Jul 23:34 .procmailrc
| >
| >Is your home directory group or world writeable?
| >
| No my home directory is not group or world writeable.  I do notices that
| my user and group ownerships seems to be messed up.
|
| My username to my machine is lmcilwain but as you can see from above the
| ownerships are showing lmcilwai.  I don't have a user "lmcilwai"

Yah. It's a common thing for there to be 8-character limits on usernames,
at least on the display end. It provides some robustness for historic
code that may parse the output of "ls" based on character columns,
and so forth. It's irritating, too.

| >If so, procmail reckons someone could have replaced your .procmailrc.
| I have also tried replacing this file with a backup that I had from the
| 14th and also tried changing the permissions on the file to make it
| world writeable but no luck.  I get the same error.

Hmm. Can you should the output of these commands:

  cd
  /bin/pwd
  id
  ls -ld $HOME $HOME/. $HOME/.procmailrc