RE: IPTABLES question

I blocked IPs from about 10 asian countries and that stopped about 90% of
the brute force attempts.  It came up to about 800 lines in iptables.

-----Original Message-----
From: fedora-list-bounces@xxxxxxxxxx [mailto:fedora-list-bounces@xxxxxxxxxx]
On Behalf Of Michael Yep
Sent: Tuesday, July 18, 2006 2:00 PM
To: For users of Fedora Core releases
Subject: Re: IPTABLES question

I have been blocking some IPs because they are brute forcing my ssh port. I
access this server from many different places so I cant really just add a
few hosts.
I'm talking about 36000 attempts in a short time from some IP addresses

--
Michael Yep
Development / Technical Operations

Your Link to Effective Business Communications!
Specializing in telecommunications and Internet technology. If it helps
connect you with your customers, remote employees and colleagues we do it.
We put you in control of today's technology.  From Teleconferencing,
WebConferencing, Auto Attendant and Broadcast messaging to Custom data
collection, ecommerce, CTI and IVR services.