can't cleanly exit shell from FC5 rescue CD

I'm having a problem with the Fedora Core 5 rescue CD: I can't cleanly exit the shell. When I type in 'exit' and hit enter, I see the following:

sh-3.1# exit
logout

...and nothing happens. Anyone seen this? Any ideas?

Here are the exact repro steps for people who like that kind of thing:

REPRO STEPS:
* boot to Fedora Core 5 rescue CD
* type 'linux rescue' at the prompt and hit ENTER
* choose language = English
* choose keyboard = us
* don't start up network interfaces
* don't try to find existing installations
* at the shell prompt, type 'exit' and hit ENTER

EXPECTED RESULT:
* system reboots

ACTUAL RESULT:
* system hangs after 'logout' is printed to the console

--
Adam Monsen