Re: iptables: blocking network access for certain UIDs gives error.

On Mon, 2006-07-17 at 08:36 +0200, kmartin wrote:
> hi. i've never posted/reg here before but have lurked for quite awhile.
>
> i need to block internet access for a couple UIDs. found and a bit of an older thread on this site [url=http://fcp.homelinux.org/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?topic_id=23058]here[/url]. this is basically what i want to do too but i'm using FC4 and the original post refers to FC3 - not sure if that has anything to do with it. so i'm executing:
>
> [b] iptables -D OUTPUT -m owner --uid-owner 502 --jump DROP[/b]
> but i keep getting: [b]"Bad rule (does a matching rule exist in that chain?)" [/b]

That command is trying to delete a rule in the OUTPUT chain that does
not exist by default.

You can look back at several threads on the archive, some dealt with
exactly what you are asking.

Also do a bit of reading on iptables (the man page is a good very basic
start on the nuts and bolts of it). Then after you understand the
commands ask again.