Re: Moving from one machine to another

On Mon, 2006-07-17 at 15:00 +0100, PFJ wrote:
Hi,

I'm in the process of moving computers at work. All of my email is on
evolution and my laptop also has evolution.

What do I need to copy over so that I can just fire up evolution and all
of the bits and pieces will have been transferred?

TTFN

Paul
Dr Who

It depends on the version of Evolution - older versions used ~/evolution, newer versions use ~/.evolution. Copy the relevant one across to the new home, then fire up Evolution. It may then launch a helper which converts the old format folder to the new format. Keep a backup of the original folder until you're completely happy that all the settings have been transferred - Evolution has a number of idiosyncrasies that can cause problems.

HTH,

Chris