Re: Change boot up screen resolution

On Mon, 2006-07-17 at 10:19 +0930, Tim wrote:
> tuvok:
> >> Problem steel present.  Maybe is the  3d accelerate driver that cause
> >> this problem. But is strange that i cannot change the gdm resolution in
> >> a way. Tanks all for the answer at all
>
> I think you'd probably need to show us your xorg.conf files, if you'd
> like someone to be able to help you work out precisely where the problem
> lay.

Well now wait a minute. I seem to recall something like this,
and there are two totally different things you need to fiddle.
The xorg.conf file says what is possible, but somewhere else
in some mysterious location, there is the default resolution.
I know it isn't stashed in the xorg.conf file, but gnome
stores it somewhere when (as root) you go into the preferences
menu and select screen resolution - there is a little checkbox
that says "make this the default for this machine". I'm pretty
sure that is the resolution it uses for the login screen.