Re: Print to PDF

On Sun, 2006-07-16 at 13:01 -0500, Steven Stern wrote:
> I'm trying to do find a way to set up a printer as direct
> print-to-pdf.
> I've tried using the cups-pdf rpm from
> http://www.physik.uni-wuerzburg.de/~vrbehr/cups-pdf/download.shtml
> without success.

I just got that working on my FC5 system with no problems, but did
find a few weirdnesses: You need to read the README file in great
detail - there are specific requirements for the backend
program to have particular mode and owner. Also, I could only
setup the printer via the cups web interface, not by the
system printer config dialog.