Mobile phone tools/integration ?

My new laptop has bluetooth installed and I've been searching around
for any tools that will allow me to communicate with my Mobile/Cell
phone  e.g. send text/SMS messages etc.  I can transfer pictures from the
phone to my laptop but thats about it.

A friend of mine has Mac which has a nice tool that flashes a message
on the screen with the caller details when his phone rings.  Cool if
you phone is on silent - or are listening to music with headphones

I've search on Freshmeat, and googled around there doesn't really seem
to be anything similar for linux.  Anyone know of anything ?  The phone
is Sony Ericsson K750i.

Thanks for any suggestions.

Andy