Re: usb and too much memory?

Tom Horsley wrote:
On Fri, 2006-07-14 at 21:52 -0400, Tom Horsley wrote:

Is there some known problem with > 2 gig of memory and
the onboard usb with the x86_64 kernels?

Sure enough, when I take out the extra gig of memory,
the scanner starts working and the boot time USB errors
go away. I guess I have a spare gig now (which is all
it really was before - I just thought I'd put it to
use :-).

It's often been an historical fact that PC chipsets (not server class) often don't like addressing large amounts of memory and require particular DIMM configurations.
They also get fussy about EXACT memory timings. Check your mainboard manual (asus are good for providing this as a download) for recommendations on what banks can be used to get to 3GB.