fdisk can't see new HD

Hi all,

I've just put an additional harddrive in my FC5 system, connected to a
new SATA card, the second in my system. (Up to now I have one ATA
drive and two SATA drives connected to the MB, and two more SATA
drives connected to the first SATA card).

But for some reason, fdisk doesn't see it.

The PC bios sees it in the HD setup. The SATA card bios sees the drive as well.

But I am wondering whether Linux recognizes the SATA interface as
such. lspci displays it as::

02:0c.0 SATA controller: Initio Corporation Unknown device 1622 (rev 02)

where as the first SATA card in my system looks like this:

 02:0d.0 Mass storage controller: Silicon Image, Inc. SiI 3112
[SATALink/SATARaid] Serial ATA Controller (rev 02)

I am wondering about the "unknown device" string. Should I try a
different SATA card? Or is this just an unimportant labelling thing.

Thanks for any ideas...

--
 Colin Brace
 Amsterdam