Re: X-Server in FC5

"Mikkel L. Ellertson" <mikkel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Usman S. Ansari wrote:

> Its not the kernel for booing, its the kernel used at install time. I
> will probably find other unconfigured device once I pass this point.
>
> The kernel I am using 2.6.14-2 is built by me and in FC4 configuration
> it supports all my devices, including sound card, TV card, mouse, etc.
>
> For smae kernel I did a diff on modules loaded in FC4 and FC5
> configuration, and FC5 has about 1/2 modules loaded !!!

Even if the hardware was not detected at install time, it should be
detected at first boot. The drivers should be there in any case. But
you may want to see if there is a difference in /etc/modprobe.conf
between FC4 and FC5.

Mikkel
Since when I booted with 'good' kernel, that was not a 'firstboot'. The question is how to force 'firstboot' activities again ?