Re: How to get Luxi Mono in KDE konsole (FC5)

>Am Mittwoch, 12. Juli 2006 15:46 schrieb Konrad Karl:
>>
>> Unfortunately this "Monospace" does not look like Luxi Mono at all,
>> it is a completely different font w/o serifes, actually it is
>> Lucida Sans Typewriter (found by stepping thru all fonts in control
>> center, another annoyance that you just see "Monospace" and dont get
>> the real font name)

The issue seems to be somewhat solved now: I put the
Luxi fonts first:

  <alias>
    <family>monospace</family>
    <prefer>
      <family>Luxi Mono</family>
      <family>Lucida Sans Typewriter</family>
      <family>Bitstream Vera Sans Mono</family>
      <family>Andale Mono</family>

before it has been:

  <alias>
    <family>monospace</family>
    <prefer>
      <family>Lucida Sans Typewriter</family>
      <family>Luxi Mono</family>
      <family>Bitstream Vera Sans Mono</family>
      <family>Andale Mono</family>

but with this konfiguration the Luxi Mono is not being
shown neither in KDE konqueror or KDE control center
font selection.....

with the above setting I get the desired font selecting
"Monospace" but there is no Luxi Mono in the dialog.

I have no idea how the aliases got swapped as I never
touched the fonts.conf.file before.

Thanks for all help,

Konrad