Re: Playing MP3s

Temlakos wrote:
Ashley M. Kirchner wrote:

So, why is it that I can not play an MP3 through any of the KDE audio players that come installed 9with you install the KDE stuff) and yet when I manually compiled and installed XMMS, I can play them just fine?

>Snip<

Temlakos

Temlakos,

Good description.  Very good.

I rip my CD's to flac which is a lossless format. Then I use soundconverter (Dries) to convert to ogg for playing on my iRiver. After testing, I found that ogg or mp3 compression at high quality creates files that are very similar in size.

--
Robin Laing