Re: could compile kernel from kernel.org for fedora?

Thanks a lot. On the other words--if I want to compile new kernel, for
instance, 2.6.17 or newer, the system should be upgrade to fedora
release 5 in the end. That is not a good news for me.
Is there any choices? because I only want to use upgrade the newer
kernel, and taste new function, like pptp-nat, l7-filter and so on.

Any tips? TIA

Zhou

On 7/12/06, Matthew Miller <mattdm@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On Wed, Jul 12, 2006 at 11:19:23AM +0800, Zhen Zhou wrote:
> Thanks for your suggestion, but I didn't run desktop package, so you
> means all those package need to upgrade are related with desktop or
> even system-based? for instance, related with gnome or kde?

System. For example, "groupadd" is broken and will hang unkillably on newer
kernels. This could bite you when upgrading some other package even if you
aren't meaning to add groups yourself. There may be all sorts of other
things like that.

--
Matthew Miller           mattdm@xxxxxxxxxx          <http://mattdm.org/>