problem installing FC5 from USB drive(s)

I'm trying to install Fedora Core 5 on an opteron server
using the method "Installation From a Hard Drive", using a
USB drive.  I have successfully installed diskboot.img on a
USB drive and booted the server.  I enter "linux askmethod"
at the boot prompt.  After the language and keyboard
screens, I get to the screen "Installation Method", and
choose "Hard drive".

Then comes the screen "Select Partition---What partition and
directory on that partitition hold the CD (iso9660) images
for Fedora Core?".  I have placed the images in a second USB
drive, which is also plugged in.  Unfortunately, the screen
only lists the partitions of the internal hard disk.  It
does not show either of the two USB drives.

The instructions on the screen say "If you don't see the
disk drive you're using listed here, press F2 to configure
additional devices".  I press F2 and I'm taken to a screen
entitled "Driver Disk Source".  I guess the installation
program is assuming that the drive containing the images was
not configured due to lack of a driver, is that right?

Curiously, the "Driver Disk Source" screen itself shows both
the internal drive and the two USB drives.  In the following
screens I can browse the contents of the drives, and I can
see the CD images.  But the installation program is not
interested in the CD images at this point, it's looking for
the driver disk image.  Since I don't have one, I'm stuck.

In other words, the installation program recognizes the USB
drives when looking for a driver disk image, but not when
when looking for the CD images.

Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance,

Francisco