Re: Playing MP3s

Ashley M. Kirchner wrote:

So, why is it that I can not play an MP3 through any of the KDE audio players that come installed 9with you install the KDE stuff) and yet when I manually compiled and installed XMMS, I can play them just fine?

Noatrun simply crashes when I try to play an mp3. Other programs won't do anything when I try to load a file up for playing. But XMMS works fine, which tells me it's not the hardware. Something else is causing the other players not to work. But what?

Also, these may be useful.
http://stanton-finley.net/fedora_core_4_installation_notes.html
http://stanton-finley.net/fedora_core_5_installation_notes.html

--