Re: java and KDE (konqueror)

On Tuesday 11 July 2006 4:42 pm, Deepak Shrestha wrote:
> Guess you are right, same problem with me too
>
> typing "about:plugins" in konqueror address bar shows me that java
> plugin is installed, including helix players and so forth.

Actually, this I think shows the problem. For me this tells me I am using

Java Plug-in  Java Plug-in KJAS for Konqueror  kjavaappletviewer.so

Unless I am mistaken, this isn't the SUN java plugin as used by firefox. Doing
the same in firefox tells me the plugin that is used is

Java(TM) Plug-in 1.5.0_06-b05

    File name: libjavaplugin_oji.so
    Java(TM) Plug-in 1.5.0_06

which IS the sun one.

So the problem seems to be konqueror is not using the SUN plugin, but
kjavaappletviewer.so which doesn't seem to work properly.

Anyone know how to disable this plugin ? Doing a "yum whatprovides" tells me
it is from kdelibs, so I cannot just remove the rpm...

Chris