Re: spontaneous unmount - getting warm

Your last question prompted me to experiment.
I do most of my sysadmin stuff from a remote terminal
(its very cold in the machine room) and the console is
usually left logged in for long periods. But what the
experiment reveals is that when I log out of the console,
it seems to reset the mount situation to the state it was
at when the console was logged in.
i.e. any filesystems that were manually mounted either
from the console or a remote terminal, get dismounted.
If they are manually mounted from a rmote terminal whilst
the console is logged out, they remain so after console login/out.

Is this to be expected? I thought this sort of thing only
applied to removable media. My fstab entries are of the form:

LABEL=/gn23             /gn23                   ext3    defaults        1 2

Cheers,
Terry.