Re: How to logon on another gnome-session?

Mikkel L. Ellertson wrote:
> Vinicius wrote:
>> Hello,
>>
>> I would like to allow another user to use CRTL+F2 to logon on another
>> gnome session. Any ideas, please?
>>

> Are you starting in run level 3 (CLI) or run level 5 (GUI)? If you
> are starting in run level 3, and using startx to start your X
> secession, you could use "startx -- :1" to start another X
> secession. If you are starting in run level 5, and using xdm as your
> display manager, then edit /etc/X11/xdm/Xservers and add a line at
> the end:
>
> :1 local /usr/bin/X

I forgot to add, if you are using gdm, then run gdmsetup, open the
Security tab, and click on "Configure X Server. You can then click
on Add/Modify and add a second X server.

In ether case, with the default setup and 2 X servers, the first one
will be on VT7 and the second one on VT8. From X, you can switch
from one to the other using Ctrl-Alt-F7 and Ctrl-Alt-F8.

Mikkel