Re: Speaking of fonts...

On Mon, 10 Jul 2006, Tom Horsley wrote:

On Mon, 2006-07-10 at 09:59 -0400, Matthew Saltzman wrote:
You might try setting DPI correctly, choosing a font size about
double
your current choice (or a point less) and letting the font engine do
the
scaling.  I'd be interested in how you find the results compared to
your
current settings.  They will (in theory) at least better approximate
what
the font designer had in mind.

It might be a good theory, but far too many apps just have built in
fonts you can't really affect by specifying a font size anywhere.
Some things can be fixed, but mostly I can't see anything if I tell
it the truth.

Like what?  I'm curious to experiment for myself.

--
		Matthew Saltzman

Clemson University Math Sciences
mjs AT clemson DOT edu