stuck on "Enter runlevel:" after update

Dear All,

I updated my FC5 with "yum -y update". It was completely successful. Then I updated the NTFS package since the kernel is updated(2.6.17-1.2145_FC5). After everything was OK, I tried to reboot the machine. It didn't reboot and stucked. So, I mannually powered off and reboot. Now, I am stucking on "Enter runlevel:", I tried 1,2,3, it always responsed with something like
"INIT: Entering runlevel: 3"
"INIT: no more processes left in this runlevel"

And freezed there. If I typed "s" instead of any number, I can get in a sh shell, and it seems that everything works except the X-window. What can I do to get everything back? Thanks!

Best,
 B.C.